Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Izy D!


The highlight of Isaac's birthday--a motorcycle cake!


I'm a little late in posting this. However, given that Isaac's birthday was the day after we came home from the hospital, I think I'm doing okay! :) Isaac has been saying for weeks that all he wants for his birthday is a motorcycle cake and to blow out candles. Easy enough. We celebrated with my family: roasting hot dogs, lighting some fireworks, and playing in the yard.

As I watch baby Ruby, it's almost impossible to believe that Isaac was that little just 2 years ago. He is such a bright, busy boy constantly amazing us with his vocabulary and understanding of things. I'm beyond thrilled that, for now, Isaac will remain my one and only little prince.

To my sweet boy, some of the millions of things I love about you:

*how you say "wook at this mama," a hundred times a day.
*that you kiss my tummy so my owey will feel better.
*when you introduce yourself to people as "Izy D."
*the way you follow your daddy around everywhere now.
*how you cry for Baby Ruby when you're in bed and hear her crying.
*that you just today, at 2 years old, needed your first haircut!
*how you can seriously eat more spaghetti than me.
*how you ask to read a Bible story about Moses almost every night.
*the way you adore all your family members.
*your love of guitars
*that you are the perfect combination of crazy, wild and active & sweet, caring, and snuggly.





3 comments:

  1. What a delight that little man is, Saturday was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Isy D (I love that)! Wish we could've been there with you! Love the motorcycle cake. Looks like you are enjoying that cake better than your 1st birthday cake last year. : )

    ReplyDelete