Saturday, July 4, 2015

Chitipi Children's Home

Tuesday we had our first visit to COTN's Chitipi Children's Home.  There are 32 children who would be orphans, ages 6 months-teenage living with a house mom & dad plus several other "aunties" who help out. It is like a family, a really big family!  

This is a super fun place to take our kids because it's an easier environment for the kids to interact and play together.  When we go into the villages, it's swarms of kids everywhere and it can be difficult to really get to know any of them.  

As you can see from the pics, the kids had a total blast. Luke especially was like a crazy man playing with the little boys.  We went back to Chitipi again last night, and it's amazing to see that our kids already have relationships being built with these kids.  They ran up to them like they'd been buddies for years.



Didn't mean to upload this one here but left it anyways.  This is "Simba" the dog that lives on base.


1 comment:

  1. I love Chitipi! It was one of my very favorite places to go and I have so many wonderful memories there and with those kiddos (although, I think they've rearranged the kids a few times since then). It's that Steven in the last pic with Isaac and the drum? If so, he was just a little baby when he came the summer before I left. When I visited in 2008 I got some really cute videos of him drumming, which he loved to do. So glad your kiddos are enjoying their time at Chitipi--I think it's such a joyful place. :)

    ReplyDelete