Thursday, July 2, 2015

I can read "cat"

Here's another picture from Mqwayi.  The school has Read Well, which is an American early reading curriculum.  This little girl read a story about a cat to us.  The teachers have a hard time using the curriculum because the teacher manual is in English, and they aren't familiar with how to run small groups.  So far, they only have standard 4 using Read Well.  
I will be working with the standard 3 teacher to implement it in her class.  We will work on how she can do "small" group center rotations so that she can meet with smaller groups than doing it whole class.  I say "small" because most the classes have 30-40 students in them!  

Kids are doing really well.  Poor Ruby has bites all over her torso, neck, hair.  We don't think they're mosquito bites but possibly bed bugs.  Today we will ask for a different mattress.  She's been a trooper about it--I think I'm more upset about it than she is!

1 comment: